How we respect privacy when we deal with personal information collected by our organisation
If you have any comments or questions about this notice, feel free to contact us at email@example.com
1. Personal data that we process
The following table explains the types of data we collect and the legal basis, under current data protection legislation, on which this data is processed.
|Purpose||Data (key elements)||Basis|
|Enquiring about our organisation and its work||Name, email, message||Legitimate interests – it is necessary for us to read and store your message so that we can respond in the way that you would expect.|
|Subscribing to email updates and newsletters about our work||Name, email||Consent – you have given your active consent. By signing up for our newsletters, you have entered into a contractual relationship with us to send you our regular newsletters.|
|Making a donation||Name, email, address, payment information, Gift Aid||Legitimate interests – this information is necessary for us to fulfill your intention of donating money and your expectation of receiving a confirmation message.
If you have have agreed for us to collect Gift Aid from your donations we will keep your details for 6 years, as required by HMRC, otherwise donors’ data will be held for two years after the date of the donation.
|Invitations to attend our fundraising events||Name, address, email and telephone number||In order for us to conduct fundraising events sucessfully, it is necessary for us to collect a small amount of information for logistical purposes to ensure the event runs smoothly. If you attend one of our fundraising events, we will ask you if you would like your email address stored so we can contact you about future events. After the event, we will delete email addresses where permission has not been given for storage.|
2. How we use your data
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected, as set out in the table at the top of this policy.
For example, we may use your personal information to:
- reply to enquiries you send to us;
- handle donations or other transactions that you initiate;
- where you have specifically agreed to this, send you our fundraising communications and Newsletters by email relating to our work which we think may be of interest to you.
3.We do not share your data with third parties
4. How long we keep your data
We take the principles of data minimisation and removal seriously and have internal policies in place to ensure that we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required.
5. Rights you have over your data
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
- Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this (for example by putting ‘unsubscribe’ links at the bottom of all our marketing emails).
- You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information.
- You have the right of access to your information.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website here: https://ico.org.uk/
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please get in touch with us.
Please note that relying on some of these rights, such as the right to deleting your data, will make it impossible for us to continue to deliver some services to you. However, where possible we will always try to allow the maximum access to your rights while continuing to deliver as many services to you as possible.
6. Cookies & usage tracking